Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Follow Along and See What it Looks Like to Go Blind

I'm a Baby Boomer, and I had a very sudden loss of vision. 

It makes me feel better to write about it.


High-Tech Instruments Find Cause of Sudden Vision Loss
The biggest segment of the population - the baby boomers - is moving into the age where vision becomes a problem. Changing vision is normal, and now we live long enough to develop cataracts, detached retinas and macular degeneration.

Some of the issues we deal with come on gradually and we don't notice the changes for a long time.
Others, like a sudden loss of vision, can occur over-night or in the middle of your day.

These sudden changes in vision almost always occur in one eye, not both. Mine was over-night. I woke up with blurred vision in my left eye. Within a week, I was functionally blind. I couldn't read, work or drive. The picture shows the blocked veins in my retina that caused the loss of vision in one eye.
My story of losing, then regaining, my vision are collected here:
Sudden Vision Loss - My BRVO Story - Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment